Yep. I'm gonna be blowing 'em away. I'm going to be going 75 in a 35.
Yes, I have a lead foot; however, this has nothing to do with driving, speed limits, or anything of that nature.
At the end of this year, in almost 7.5 months, I will be *gulp* 35. By the time December 13, 2010 rolls around, it is my goal to be down 75 pounds.
I have no idea what I weigh right now. None. I was going to weigh first thing this morning; however, I forgot. So, first thing tomorrow morning, I will be weighing in. I will be, as usual, broadcasting here those results. Have I kept off those initial 15 pounds? Probably not. Have I gained them ALL back? Lord I hope not. But whatever the scale tells me tomorrow is what it is. I will face it with dignity and I will step off the scale and keep on walking and working until December 13, 2010.
I'm not sure if I want to weigh myself weekly or not. One of my friends from high school (Jennifer Kemble Hashman) has been having some great success since the first of the year on weight loss and I don't think she's weighed herself yet! She's going strictly by how she feels, measuring inches lost, and how her clothes fit. She said the scale can be a hindrance to her. I agree.
I tend to want immediate results or the results that other people may have that I'm not going to have by virtue of my PCOS and my age (34). But I still expect to see them and when I don't, I give up.
So, my plan is to not weigh myself until I'm halfway to my goal and I will weigh then just to make sure I'm on track for my deadline. There are 253 days from April 5th until December 13. The halfway point is 126.5 days, which rounding up would be 127 days which would put me weighing in at August 9, 2010. I'll take measurements monthly. So, be looking to see how many inches I have lost around May 5, 2010.
As far as my diet is concerned, I will be trying to figure it out. I'm getting away from all processed food as much as humanly possible. I'm going to eat fresh food, fixed fresh, and that fuel my body. My breakfasts will be a mix of protein/fruit (ie. Turkey Bacon/orange), snacks of WW strawberry yogurt or SF jello), lunch of a bed of green iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, smoked turkey breast lunch meat, orange or apple or other kinds of fruit, and dinner will be a salad and a lean meat with a snack being a small amount of nuts/yogurt/or Jello.
I won't be eating after 7pm if possible. I hope we'll be grilling as much as possible now that the spring is upon us. I will be drinking as much water as possible.
My alarm is officially set at 5:00am. *gulp* Jeff and I are going to hit the gym together first thing in the morning. I've got to do this for ME. I will have to remember this in the morning when that alarm goes off and all I want to do is hit the off button and snuggle back into the covers.
Now, I won't be "thin" by just losing 75 pounds. I will still probably hover around the mid-200's; however, I was a lot healthier and it was easier for me to move around at that weight.
Why all of this by 12/13/10? Because come January we will be starting our adoption process and I want to show the doubters in my life (friends/family/foes) that I'm serious about being a mom. I could expand on that, but I won't. The important thing is, regardless of what anyone thinks, Jeff and I want to be parents and I need to be healthier to do that.
Along the way I will be shedding more than pounds. I will be shedding unhealthy weight, unhealthy high cholesterol, unhealthy fatty liver enzymes, unhealthy habits, and unhealthy relationships.
I'm doing a complete makeover. At the end, those who will remain in my life are those who have supported me, lifted me up, given me motivation, and have told me they are proud of my accomplishments. I've been a HUGE cheerleader for others in my life who have faced this same lifestyle change and now I'm going to be looking to see who pays it forward. Whoever doesn't support me in this journey will be shed like the fat that will be coming off of my ass. It's that simple. Regardless of the relationship. And I mean that.
I've let people and what they think of me, say to me or about me hold me back too long. I won't tolerate it anymore. I will no longer give out praise and love and not have it returned. So, I'm in it to win it and the prize is a healthier life: physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
So, here's to me kick-starting my own personal marathon. I'll be setting smaller goals for myself as we go along, but right now, the biggest thing is keeping myself motivated and on track.
I'll keep myself on track if you, my friends and family, will help to keep me motivated!!!
Check back tomorrow for more Operation 75 in a 35 details!!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
75 in a 35
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















Good luck!! I'll be praying that this journey is easier for you than you expect it to be.
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! I know you can do this! I'm excited to cheer you on!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! I'm excited to cheer you on!
ReplyDelete