Dad came over, picked up Jeff, and off to Lowe's they went to get another door and some trim. Then they came back, I folded laundry, and they started putting in the doors. Things got kind of tricky and so, I decided to save myself and I ventured out to...
wait for it.....wait.......for.......it.....
I went to the gym. Yes, ladies and gentleman, I went to the gym. I hadn't been there since the middle of January. I've been feeling I'm coming down with Bronchitis and I really feel like it today. I did 5 minutes on the elliptical and was having a hard time getting air to move in my lungs, so I did 20 minutes of weights and then 5 minutes on the bike.
My heart rate was up. I was sweating. I couldn't breathe worth a damn, but I did it.
I imagine by mid-week, given the warmer temps and changes in weather, I'll be sick as a dog. But, I worked out.
Go me.
Then on my way home, all sweaty and dressed in work out gear, I call home to make sure no one needs anything and my dad answers my home phone. He informs me that he needs, "help" and "why don't you get me a candy bar, yeah, a Snickers bar."
So, I pull into Go Mart, all sweaty and in some sexy workout gear, and bought him a Snickers. Oh the irony.
But, I'm proud to say that while I purchased 2 pepperoni rolls with cheese and a Snickers bar, I didn't get myself anything. Oh I wanted something cheesy, salty, fattening and sweet. But I passed.
I. Am. Proud.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Guess What I Did Today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















You go girl!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Allison! I found your blog via the Feedjit on my own blog, when I checked its list for local blogs.
ReplyDeleteI love your blogspot layout! Beautiful! And I wish you the best on your journey. I'll be checking back!