No, I'm not leaving this blog. I'm just taking some time and pulling away from some very stressful situations.
Stress retains weight. I have a lot of stress in my life right now. Some of it is unavoidable, some of it is avoidable.
That which is avoidable, will be avoided like the plague.
I'm sick and tired of disappointment.
I'm sick and tired of being angry.
I'm sick and tired of being resentful.
I'm sick and tired of just "taking it."
So, what is best for me is going to be to take a little emotional vacation away from the shit that drives me insane.
I'll probably be blogging even more than I have in order to get things out of my head. Basketball players are told to "leave it all out on the floor." Well, that's what I'm going to do here.
I'm bound to upset a few people. Anger them. Create divisions. I apologize ahead of time. But right now, I'm taking refuge in the following in the order of importance:
1. God
2. Myself
3. My husband
4. My family and friends
For the next few days, maybe weeks, maybe months, I'm going to concentrate only on my relationship with my Creator.
I have anger, pain, resentment, and ill feelings that I need to rid myself of before I really hurt some one's feelings. Even my own feelings.
I've tried to ignore them. I've tried to reason them away. But nothing has worked. I need to get them out as constructively as possible and right now that's going to be through prayer, meditation, and exercise.
Tonight on the Biggest Loser, one of the heaviest contestants, Mike, when faced with something emotionally painful he took it out at the gym. Instead of eating, he turned to exercise. This coming from a contestant who had initially been one of the laziest people on the Ranch.
I want to get to that point.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Taking Some Time Away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















0 comments:
Post a Comment