Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Where do I even begin? ( bolded words are linked to more info)

I guess we'll start with the GOOD news first.  I'm going to be an AUNTIE!!!  My brother, Daniel, and his wife, Michelle, are expecting a little bundle of joy on or around Jan. 23, 2011.  I keep saying that a little baby boy will be born on 1/11/11 because he (or she :)) will be cool like that!



I am so unbelievably happy and excited I can't stand myself!!

Now,  the not so good news:

I'm off work for a week and a day as per my doctor. 

I've been seeing an Rheumatologist since April and she's ruled out Lupus (can I get an Amen??) and she's ruled out Hepatitis (AMEN!!). Now she's testing me for Sjogrens Syndrome and feels pretty confident that even though I have a negative Rheuamtoid factor that she'll be able to diagnose me as having Rheumatoid Arthritis.  She changed my diagnosis from UCTD to Unspecified Polyarthropathy.  With all of these tests, she has been testing my Sed Rate and my CRP.  Both of those tests detect inflammation in the body; however, the CRP can also detect/diagnose/rule in-out heart disease.  My Rheumotologist wasn't concerned about it to the point where she mentioned my inflammation was elevated but nothing about any possible cardiac issues.  However, once my primary physician got the results, my CRP was 17.4 and anything above 4 is considered high.  So, I get a call from his nurse stating he wanted to see me and send me to be evaluated by a cardiologist. 

Thursday I went to see my PCP and he explained that he, too, believes that my CRP is due to a rheumatic disease; however, said he wouldn't be doing me any favors if he didn't require me to be evaluated by a Cardiologist.  My blood pressure, which is almost never high anymore since I left my last job, was elevated on Thursday.  Well, of course.  I am a tad scared of out of my mind.  So, he and I discussed me having some time away from the stresses I could eliminate from my life right now and one of those was work. 

I'm seeing an Opthamologist on Tuesday, as ordered by my Rheumatologist to be evaluated for the Sjogrens and to be medically cleared to take Plaquenil.  I'm also going to need to have a stress test and echo cardiogram. 

So, this has shown me that losing weight now is no longer a vanity issue.  It's a life or death issue.  I've been diagnosed with NDFLD which is understandable since I have Metabolic Syndrome, or PCOS to be specific.  So, since I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistant PCOS and combing that with everything else that's going on..if I don't get weight off I'm going to die.  Plain and simple.

And I'm not going out like that. 

So, this need week will find me taking care of myself physically.  I won't be thinking about work.  I'm going to be getting myself to all my appointments, do all my testing that can be scheduled during the upcoming week, and getting myself established on a good, healthy diet and exercise program.

And I'm seriously considering completing a video/casting application for The Biggest Loser. 

Because as you can see from my GOOD news, I have a LOT to live for!!!

So, let the living begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Here with you every step of the way. I can't say it enough that you are truly admirable.

    All my love dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do have a lot to live for! And I'm glad that you're taking all of this is as a reason to get healthy rather than feeling defeated by it. You rock! And you know I'm behind you.

    Oh - and you should SO go on the Biggest Loser! You have what it takes to win it. Think about $250k (or even the at-home $100k)... that would pay for a whole army of adoptions! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations