When I last posted, I had started working with a nutritionist and started week one of the meal plan. I cheated but only twice. I also had a wicked horrible stomach virus in the middle, but yesterday, I walked into the nutritionist office and awaited my fate.
I had been nervous all day. I had done my best to stay on the plan and to stay dedicated to the cause. I did have slips and I was feeling guilty, but I got over it really quick. I can't live the rest of my life feeling guilty if I eat something that isn't on my list.
So, instead of feeling guilty about the two mistakes I made, I will tell you about the two things that I did that I am most proud:
1. We met friends at Applebees for dinner and I stuck to my plan, took my lunch bag full of 3 of the small cups of unsweetened applesauce in place of all the other fruits I was to have for dinner and ate what was on my menu: a grilled chicken Cesar salad. Only this one was made by Applebees and WAS. INCREDIBLE.

My nifty lunch bag!

My Applesauce, my measuring spoon for dressing and cheese on side!

Salad minus croutons (i.e. The. Best. Part)
2. That same night we went with the same friends and I. DIDN'T. EAT. POPCORN. It was the hardest part EVER.
Well, yesterday I went back to the nutritionist and I got weighed and measured and..........
I lost 5.2 pounds and 9.5 inches!!
Can I tell you how utterly excited I was???
Then my husband and I promptly went to Pizza Hut for a celebratory dinner (Oops). I had 2 pieces of pizza (medium sized but the smallest pieces in the pizza) and I broke the "no soda rule" and had a child sized soda (with 1 refill which is still less than a regular sized cup!!)
When I got home, my body promptly said, "Oh no you didn't!" And well, let's just say I won't be eating at Pizza Hug again anytime soon, unless it's thin crust. OY!!
Well, today starts a new "life week" for me and I've stuck to my diet and I'm feeling great. The puffiness in my hands is gone, Praise the Lord, and the puffiness in my feet is less that it was. Awesome!! Because the title of this blog If the Shoe Doesn't Fit is because my feet became to puffy/fat that most shoes wouldn't fit me. I mean it's one thing to not be able to buy anything off the rack but to not fit into a standard pair of shoes SUCKS!
So, what are my goals for the week? Not to cheat one, single time. I have noticed that after eating healthy that when I do eat what I think will taste better, that while it does taste better, my body revolts. I become gassy, irritable, and honestly my Rheumatoid Arthritis starts to flare up and I hurt worse. Since I've been eating healthy, I don't hurt as bad. I still hurt, don't get me wrong, but now, it's not as bad.
So, this week's goals:
1. No cheating
2. Going to the gym (minimal exercise) a minimum of 3 days
3. Be more active around the house (Heavens knows my house needs a good ol fashioned Fall Cleaning)
4. Enjoying my life!!
So, who's with me???
ME!!! I have been following your journey for a while. I too am on the same journey. I just posted about my weight loss journey the other day .... it was in reponse to your post about living a life that is bigger than the rest... trentonjames0105.blogspot.com The title of my post about my weight loss is called "in other news" I feel better than I have in my entire adult life!!! I would love to chat with you more! i feel like we are kindered spirits!!
ReplyDeleteThat is WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you. You can do it and this shows you that. Look forward to hearing more good reports in the future too! =)
ReplyDeleteLove it! You did great! It does get easier and I absolutely love the part when you start to feel... eh, the best word I can think of is deflated (physically). Like someone let the air out of you and you're starting to shrink. It's the best!! I'm glad you're doing so well. You're going to feel like a brand new woman in no time!
ReplyDelete