Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 1

Well, here goes nothing and everything all rolled into one!

I'm going to add a sidebar piece where I'll update my Daily Menu but until I get that done today, here's what's on the menu:

Breakfast: 8am

Strawberry Protein  Shake:
1 scoop Whey Protein Powder
3/4 cup of 1 or 2% milk
1 1/2 cup Strawberries
1/3 cup water or ice
1t crystalline fructose (as in Stevia or Truvia which I couldn't find yesterday so won't be using)
1T of raw almonds

Snack: 10am

1 oz sliced turkey
1oz low-fat swizz
1 orange

Lunch: 12pm

4 oz of chicken lunch meat
1 cup of cucumbers
1T peanut butter
1 large apple

Snack: 3pm

1 oz turkey
1 oz cheese
1 orange

Dinner: 6pm
3 cups lettuce
5oz of grilled chicken
2T of shredded Parm Cheese
2T of regular full fat dressing
1 cup strawberries
1 cup pineapple
1 orange

Snack: 8pm

1oz turkey
1oz cheese
1 orange

My shake is soooo thick I'm having to eat it with a spoon. But it doesn't taste too bad at all!! :)

2 comments:

  1. That shake shouldn't be that thick. It's pretty close to what I make except I add spinach (for iron - you don't taste it) and use yogurt instead of milk. 1T of almonds isn't much but my suggestion would be to eat them for the crunch instead of putting them in the shake.

    It all looks really good though! Did she give you a calorie count for each meal/snack?

    ~Chelle~

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chelsea

    Jeff even added extra milk to the shake which was a no-no since I can only do what is on the menu. It was mucho thick. I took pictures at home, I'll upload when I get there.

    I don't know what my specific calorie count is per day.

    I did eat the almonds instead of putting them in the shake!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations