Yesterday I did so well. I had a Chocolate No Sugar Added Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed with Lactaid Fat Free milk for breakfast and lunch. I had ice water. I had a dinner of a small portion of mashed potatoes, three Pillsbury Crescent rolls (I know..I know) and 2 pieces of ham. Not a bad dinner really, if you take away all the starches/carbs. But then the cravings started. I wanted a Blue Raspberry slushie from our local ice cream shop so my loving husband went and got me one. Then I crawled into bed to watch Drop Dead Diva and it hit me: Jeff has a bag of plain potato chips on his dresser. There's was maybe 1/4 of the bag left.
The bag is now empty. I ate them all. I binged. I also had a glass of Kool aid and an orange. The orange was to take away any guilt I was feeling but it didn't.
Oh, and my husband asked me to try some BBQ pork rinds, can you say NASTY? But I ate a couple of handfuls of dried out and fried up pieces of pig skin just because they were there and they were crunchy.
I was so disappointed in myself. I had started the day off so right.
So, today, I was rushed. I allowed myself to oversleep since I hadn't slept well the night before. I couldn't find the drink containers I could use to pre-mix my drinks. So, I grabbed two packages of the mix and out the door and to the Go Mart I went.
I bought a pint sized 2% Reduced Fat white milk bottle and slowly and surely added my powder to it. I hope it doesn't bother my stomach as I'm a tad bit lactose intolerant. I also have a liter of water and some Sugar Free Kool Aid mix to use if the water becomes to, um, watery.. :)
I'm bound and determined to stick to this plan until I meet with the nutritionist on Thursday.
I'm bound and determined to get this weight off.
I'd like to say I'm bound and determined to say I'm not feeling guilty but I really do feel guilty.
But there's nothing I can do about my binge last night. But there's everything I can do about not binging today.
So, for today, I WILL NOT BINGE.
Please keep me in your prayers. I'll need them to stay on the straight so I can become more narrow!
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. ~ John 15:5, NLT
May Jesus Christ be Praised,
Monday, August 23, 2010
The Binge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















Try not to beat yourself up too much, and like you said today is a new day and you are going to do it! But oh girl, Night time is SOOOO hard for me too. I do so well until about 3pm and then I start wanting everything. I have gotten good about not binging anymore, but I still haven't kicked the habit of saying forget it to what I was going to cook that night that was going to be healthy and in check with the calorie count, and saying lets get something fast or lets go to a sit down restaurant where I tell myself I'm going to order something good and usually never do. Or if I do order something I think is "good" I get home and look it up online and I am completely blown away by the calorie count. Hang in there! I struggle everyday with beating myself up for all the bad choices I make. Try your best to praise yourself for all the great choices you made up until that point!!!
ReplyDelete