Monday, February 15, 2010

Update on Noodle

Picture 063 noodle4

Noodle's ultrasound was done by Dr. Romano this morning. He did not mention a tumor; however, neither of Noodle's kidney's look "normal" but there is no way of knowing what is going on with him without a biopsy.

They will put him under general gas to obtain the biopsy. This is risky but Dr. Romano said that if he had any doubts that Noodle would not be able to survive it, he wouldn't suggest it. They will be giving him a cathether and fluids.

Noodle's liver and other areas we feared may be affected have not been. One kindey is very enlarged, one in very small. The larger one may be the one doing all the work.

The only way they accept payments is via Care Credit. I applied and was only approved for $500. (a total blessing) Today's tests will be $600. At least that's the estimate.

I know it sounds crazy to put that much money into a cat, but I've got to tell you that I just can't not know. If there is anything that can be done (medication/diet/etc) then I have to do it. I'm scared about what's going to happen to him and I'm scared how we are going to be able to afford it. But I just have to pray that he will be able to live a longer, better life and that the money will come from somewhere.

Please pray that Noodle does well during surgery. I can't even think about him dying on the table today. He's been eating fine, drinking fine, and acting about 90% like his regular self. He does appear to be more skiddish. But not sicker.

I don't know what to pray for or hope for other than it can be treated and he can live a long life, but a good life.

I'll keep you informed. Thank goodness I have the day off.

Thanks for keeping Noodle and us in your thoughts and prayers. I'm just not ready for him to go yet.

But now I also have to worry about the money and his health. Makes me wish I could be very rich so this wouldn't matter, but I'm not. So, we'll use all of our $500 credit today and hope it doesn't cost much more than $600.

Thanks everyone.

UPDATE at 10am:

Both the ultrasound and biopsy are complete. Noodle is awake and doing well. He is receiving fluids to try to flush his kidney's out and get his BUN and Creat. levels down. Now it's a 5-7 day waiting period to see what the biopsy reveals. Please keep praying this is something we can treat! Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. That's not too much at all. I've spent more on both my cat AND my chihuahua... they aren't just pets, they are our babies. Still praying for Noodle!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations