Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bowling Shoes

Last night my husband and I went to dinner with our friends Jimmy and Amy. We had a wonderful time and I had a steak salad instead of fattening pasta! It was a nice evening. I'm so happy we have a couple to spend time with. It makes our lives just *that* much brighter!

After dinner, the four of us met Jimmy's sister, husband, and nephew at the local Worlds of Fun bowling alley. It was so crowded and noisy but we had a good time. Amy and I had to pick our bowling shoes off of a rack and, of course, we sprayed the hell out of them with the disinfectant they had by the shoes. It was a generic brand so I'm not sure about it's germ fighting capabilities! After it was all said and done, Amy braved the germophobic nightmare, and donned her shoes. I bowled in my socks. I just couldn't do it! Plus the only size shoe they had were a size too big.

Prior to launching an overly heavy ball at some microscopic pins an alley away, I visited the ladies room. Normally I wouldn't include a jaunt to the potty in my blog, but this particular jaunt still tickles me.

When you are a big girl most bathroom stalls are not as roomy as they are for our smaller sisters so I usually opt for the handicap stall. Plus I hate the way the stall doors always open in towards the toilet, thus causing you to almost fall in just trying to leave the stall. So, last night my trip to the ladies room found me in the handicapped stall where the door opened out to the vanity area. But this just wasn't your ordinary loo. There was a radiator-like portable space heater sharing my space and it was plugged in and turned on. Probably the hottest pee I've ever taken!

But after the tropic pee, we began bowling. I kick some serious butt on the Wii bowling, real bowling, well, that's another story. I'm not a math person, however, I figured out an equation that might help you picture why I'm currently perched upon a heating pad:

Allison + 10 pound bowling ball + launching said ball down an alley = one sore back in the morning.

Yes. It's not because I'm so out of shape I can't bowl. It's because after four car accidents, four stints in physical therapy and chiropractic care, I still have some serious neck and back issues. I'm about to start Chiropractic care again for continued numbness I've been feeling from neck pain, so I shouldn't be surprised I'm on a heating pad. I guess I just overly excited to be out and about on a Friday night!

Right now I'm watching a movie on Lifetime about a fuller figured lady needing to lose weight to make others happy. The comments from the "skinny girls" and others in this movie are hitting right above the belt, straight to the heart! It's amazing how ignorant people can be.

Well, the movie is starting to get good. Guess I'd better go finish watching it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations