Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Heart...

is in Haiti.

Throughout this change in my life, I have found that not only has my strength and endurance improved, I've also found that my faith has grown. I spend time each day in prayer, which is something I had gotten out of the habit of over the years.

I'm such a giving and caring person. I always have been. And once it became apparent to me that if we were to become parents it would be through adoption, I instantly began to think of going to the worst part of the world and bring home a child who doesn't have the means that we here in America take for granted.

I'm not a very "religious" person. I don't think that God speaks to me when I pray, I just feel like when I ask for direction, I tend to wake up one morning and know what direction I should head in that day.

Last week, during one of my workouts, I sort of had a discussion with God. I hope He he can read minds because I was rather winded! But I began to tell God everything weighing on my heart: my weight, my poor health, my deepest desire to be a mother. I just kept saying over and over: "you know my heart. you know my motivation. I need some strength and I need some direction." After all, if it's to be, it's up to me. I didn't think anymore about my time with God that evening. I came home and went about my life. The next morning I woke up and I found that Haiti was on my heart.

Now, I'm not trying to say I saw some sort of light, or that I believe God really spoke to me, but somehow, someway I began to think about Haiti. Is that were our child will come from?

I'm so new into my journey that I can't focus on bringing that child home yet, but adoption is a long process and honestly it's a huge factor in my motivation. I began to think maybe, just maybe, our baby will come from Haiti.

This morning I woke up to the destruction and devastation that has occurred in Haiti. Once I was awake enough to fully comprehend the reality, I cried. I kept saying out loud to myself over and over again, "those poor people."

I grieve for them today. I hurt for them today. My heart hurts for them. So, I'm taking a little detour from my purpose on this blog and asking you to help.

I know the economy is bad and it's difficult to make ends meet, but I ask you to please, give what you can. This is a country that doesn't even have an established government. The only hospital is in the country's capitol and it's all but destroyed. These people are basically saving themselves and their only medical care until all humanitarian organizations can reach them is God.

When you look at the images on the news and you think about how there is no public sewage system and that clean water is a luxury, I ask you to do what you can to help these poor, poor, people.

Please go to HERE and find a way to donate. It's easy and can be done from your cell phone for as little as $5.

Give what you can. Even a dollar can buy a bottle of water for someone who is thirsty.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wrote this but you messed up one fact. They actually have several other hospitals still standing in country, but the biggest one in the middle of PAP is destroyed and the ones just outside the damage zone are overwhelmed, under staffed and have zero funding. So there are more hospitals and if you look, you can donate directly to the hospitals.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations