I had my Endo appointment yesterday and it didn't really tell me much. Yet. I didn't have any medications prescribed but I did get a crap ton of blood work done. I will have my Thyroid checked (it's always been normal) but they also did a check to see if there is any chance of it konking out on me. They also checked my fasting Gluclose (for some reason first typed Glenn Close...hahahahahah), my kidney function, my cholesterol, my electrolytes, and other things.
I have horribly deep veins. I'm a hard, horrible stick. I always warn the techs. Yesterday the woman looked for a vein in my arm and found one....so she got her needle and alcohol swab and went back to make sure she had it and said, "wow, that's a deep one!" She stuck the needle in and fished for a couple of mintues. Yes, it hurt but it beats getting stuck 28 times (*cough* Fairmont General *cough*). She was able to hit the vein and out came two tubes of bright red blood! She asked me, "do you get faint or nauseous about this?" I told her I didn't and then she asked, "did you see the size of the needle I used on you?" I had not because I tend to not look, hence the not feeling faint or nauseous. She showed me the needle afterwards. It was 3 1/2 inches long. She said, "I had the entire needle in your arm, clear up to the very end (the piece of plastic holding the needle)". She said that was only the second time she's ever been that deep in someone's arm in fourteen years. I should have gotten a sticker or something.
But, once the blood work is back and we know what I'm dealing with, I hope to have more answers. I also got scheduled to see a Dietician (I hope my insurance pays for it). So, it sounds like I'm well on my way to better health!
I've not been to the gym in three days. I'm starting to really miss it. We're going in the morning. I can't wait to get back!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Endocrinology Appointment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















0 comments:
Post a Comment