Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Weight of the World

Ever had so much to say but didn't know how to say it? That's where I'm at right now. Once I figure out how to address my feelings to those people who are really trying to ruin my joy, then I'll be back.

3 comments:

  1. Allison,

    I don't think anyone is trying to ruin your joy. Adoption is such a strange, complex, overwhelming thing. A lot of people don't really attach to the idea until there is the actual child. My in laws still haven't really accepted the idea that our girls are here to stay which is why we haven't even begun telling them about this next adoption. Maybe once we have our referral photos.

    Despite their lack of support for us, I don't think they are trying to ruin this experience for us. I just shrug and feel bad for them because they have to miss out. They don't get the anticipation and joy that we are getting. They don't get to think about and pray about our babies. This whole thing is such a sacred experience and if they don't want to be in on it that's their loss. I'm going to focus on my beautiful daughters and wait on my sons.

    I hope you can find the support system for this adoption that you need.

    Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time.

    I have posted Miller's Angel Wings. Please take a look:

    http://angelwingsmemorialboutique.blogspot.com/2010/01/miller.html

    Love,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations