Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shhhh! My Liver Can Hear You!

Somewhere, deep in my rubenesque abdomen, a liver is offended and I believe I even heard it snap its fingers, circle its neck, and shout, "Oh, no you didn't!" That was after speaking with the Endocrinologist and hearing the term "perhaps you have a fatty liver."

My liver is a tad pissed off. In fact, it's threatening to turn the whites of my eyes yellow if I believe that nasty specialist.

But, yellow eyes or not, I have to believe her. You can't argue with the levels:

AST 75 (normal range 5-30)
ALT 65 (normal range 6-35)

The normal ranges were provided by the specialist who no doubt got the information off the report from the lab. Online the "normal ranges" differ. I could keep looking for a range that shows they numbers aren't as bad as they seem, but what difference would that make? My enzymes are still elevated. Period.

So, I see my regular doctor the 21st at 9am. Until then, his nurse has called and he wants me to start Zocor.

Zocor.

Cholesterol medication. How depressing.

And what did I do for breakfast? Habit had me driving through Burger King.

That's the hardest part...breaking those bad eating habits.

My body is hurting in a way I can't express from overdoing it at the gym yesterday but I can't seem to quit eating CRAP.

And it's noon....I'm not leaving the office because I have no idea where I'll end up but it will more than likely be a drive through....

The way my legs/knees are aching today, it would be great if Subway had a drive thru.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations